Interactive Posters using Glogster
What is a Glog?
- Interactive poster loaded with text, graphics, music, videos, and more.
- Glogster is FREE.
- Glogs are are easy to make, and offer a unique social-media platform for creative expression.
- Glogs also offer a unique opportunity to teach about copyright and Creative Commons use licenses, since they are largely created using material available on the internet (photos, videos, images, links, etc).
- Glogs are used heavily by educators and students, and Glogster also has an EDU platform for academic use.
- Create an account at: http://www.glogster.com/
My example Langston Hughes Glog for National Poetry Month:
Click above to visit the full Glog online.
Program and Marketing Ideas:
- National Poetry Month
- Teen Read Week — make a Glog to cast your vote for the Teens’ Top Ten
- Book recommendation glogs– embed them into the Teen Webpage, or scroll across the library homepage
- Use glogs to advertize programs with pictures of other activities, quotes from participants, etc. Embed in the webpage and link on Facebook, etc.